Over the last couple of years at Hokowhitu School I ran a class blog called Network Nine. This Blog was such a success (Runner Up in New Zealand Class Blog of the Year, Finalist for Best Class Edublog and over 25,000 hits from all over the world) that I have decided to start a new blog with my class at Russell Street.
So what is a Blog? Well a Blog is an on-line website where children can access, exchange and receive information from myself, their classmates and from other people around the world.
We can use the Blog to:
- Share resources and access on-line learning activities
- Share students work and learning
- Provide up to date information on what is happening at school
- Communicate with parents and the wider world
- Provide opportunities for students to learn outside the classroom
- Learn new ICT skills
- Provide motivation, excitement and fun!
As you can see the Blog is an amazing tool which has huge potential to enhance children’s learning. If you want to see how my Hokowhitu School Blog was used just Click Here and have a look around. It’s pretty cool.
Also I realise internet safety is an important aspect regarding our Blog. I take this extremely seriously and I have made a number of guidelines which I will go over with the children in class. A copy of these guidelines can be found by clicking on the Guidelines page above.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks, I look forward to a year full of fun, excitement and Blogging.
Stephen Baker, Room 3 Teacher